So, I’m trying to put some study together in order to get Powercenter Data Integration certified. I have done some searching in the past and Informatica documentation is not like Microsoft’s one, it looks like a bit more complicated.
So far the I’ve done couple of PowerCenter mappings, workflows and transformations, and I see that those are the most important topics of the certification.
The test is comprised of 70 questions, that you need to answer in 90 minutes and a score of 70% is needed to pass.
- Multiple choice, Multiple response and True/False questions are presented.
- If you book a test and you fail you can re-take it after 2 weeks. All tests grants a re-test, if needed.
- There is a forum/community where people can share knowledge: https://network.informatica.com/s/
How much does it cost?
At the writing of this post the fee would be R$ 1.1600,00, approximately 215 Euros.
Here are all the test topics layered in the official website. I will see if I can get a post on each of them.
Basic Mapping Design
- Use of the PowerCenter Designer Tool
- Use of the PowerCenter Workflow Manager Tool
- User of the PowerCenter Workflow Monitor Tool
- Source Qualifier Transformation
- Expression Transformation
- Aggregator Transformation
- Lookup Transformation
- Filter Transformation
- Joiner Transformation
- Union Transformation
- Update Strategy Transformation
- User Defined Functions
- Active versus Passive transformations
Optimal Mapping Design
- SQL Overrides
- Stored Procedure Transformation
- Unconnected Lookup Transformation
- XML Transformation
- HTTP Transformation
- Transaction Management with Active Transformations
- Java Transformation
- Normalizer Transformation
- SQL Transformation
Parameters and Variables
- Variable Assignment
- Parameter Files
- Transformation Functions
- Practical Experience
- PowerCenter Workflow Monitor
- Log Management
Workflows and Worklets
- Workflow Tasks
- Domain and Node Architecture
- Informatica PowerCenter Commands